Representative of Member Firms
MEMBER FIRMS shall designate one REPRESENTATIVE (formerly "Full Member") who is permitted to attend ANY AND ALL subsection meetings throughout the calendar year.
REPRESENTATIVES are individual full-time employees engaged in the management of legal organizations or departments. This individual will normally direct and supervise the activities of others within their organization, or may be a functional specialist not responsible for the activities of others but who has influence over them, directly or indirectly. REPRESENTATIVES are limited to the one person who is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration function of the firm or legal department within a company.
A REPRESENTATIVE, regardless of the person's actual title, is defined as the person who is either:
- the principal administrator in the organization;
- the manager of a branch office of the organization; or
- one who reports directly to the principal administrator or branch administrator and has responsibility for one or more of the organization's major functional management or administrative areas.
REPRESENTATIVE Benefits include:
- Participation in the governance of BCLMA
- Participation in the Education Events hosted by BCLMA throughout the year*
- Participation in Managing Partners' Dinner*
- Evening networking/social events (two per year)*
- Participation in all BCLMA subsection meetings (see list below)*
- Access to the "Members Section" of the BCLMA website (www.bclma.org)
- Surveys on staff compensation, firm profitability and other areas of interest*
- TOPICS e-newsletter published quarterly
- Extensive networking opportunities with other legal administrators
- Participation in committees to set the future direction of legal administration
- Access to new developments in legal administration
* There may be a cost associated with these events that is not included in the annual fee.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Directors reserve the right to accept and refuse REPRESENTATIVES. The Directors may at any time request a description of the prospective REPRESENTATIVE'S duties in their current position or request a copy of their current job description.
Download a PDF of the Enrolment Form
Subsection Meeting Schedule
Facilities: 3rd Wednesday / 2nd month
Finance: 3rd Thursday
H.R.: 2nd Wednesday
K.M.: 4th Wednesday / 2nd month
Trainers: 4th Thursday
Small Firms: 2nd Thursday
Litigation Support: 3rd Tuesday/ 2nd month