Date: January 10, 2018
Location: Terminal City Club
We have an exciting start to the 2018 HR sub-section agenda with a session “Swipe Right: High Value Communication Skills in the Digital Era”. The presentation will be facilitated by Tracie Moser, Senior Organizational Development Consultant – it’s a condensed version of a one day seminar they deliver to teams of people in various industries. See below for a further overview of this interactive and informative seminar!
“Regardless of industry, communication skills are an essential competency in today’s workplace. Despite having access to cutting edge tools to help us interact with our colleagues, it has never been more challenging to communicate effectively with co-workers. Why? Although technology is helping us be more productive, informed and connected, it is also having an adverse effect on our ability to communicate primarily because of the noise created by these constant distractions and the pace of change in the digital area. The discussion will include topics such as 21st century shifts and modern careers, empathy and interaction management, collaboration and teamwork and curiosity and learning agility. ”
Baby beet salad, heirloom lettuce, orange supremes, whipped goat cheese, roasted shallot dressing
Red wine braised chicken thigh, garlic mashed potato, mushroom jus
Red velvet cake, cream cheese icing, vanilla Chantilly
Cheques for $45.45 payable to BCLMA can be mailed to the BCLMA in advance or brought to the session.More Details
Date: April 20, 2018
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre East
BCLMA 2018 Conference
Law Firm Transformation
Engage – Plan – Communicate
The theme of this year’s conference is Law Firm Transformation. As we all know, the practice of law is experiencing one of the most dynamic periods of change in history. Everything from technology to personnel, brick and mortar to partner compensation is on the table. The speed of these changes is daunting, and both lawyers and support staff are exhibiting stress. The conference will be exploring how we can engage our firm members in the process of developing and implementing change, how we can plan the best possible roll out, and how we can communicate effectively at all stages of the project.
The kick-off Reception on Thursday evening, April 19, 2018, will be all about cocktails, conversation & creativity. We hope you can join us for an opportunity to meet fellow delegates, participate in an entertaining networking activity, and win prizes.
Using feedback from last conference, we have implemented changes to the conference format:
- The educational portion of the conference will be presented on Friday, April 20th.
- We have continued the extended hours for the ever-popular Market Place from 2 to 3 hours, encompassing a networking lunch and a pre-dinner reception.
- Social Media will once again play an important role in capturing the Conference:
- Twitter and Instagram hashtag #bclma2018.
- Instagram contest. Win more great prizes!
The Conference Committee is excited to have secured three wonderful speakers for the one-day educational Conference.
- Michelle Ray will start us off with a lively discussion on how to engage your firm members in the up-coming project or change. Michelle will help you understand the reasons people are resistant to change and how best to over-come this very natural impulse. Michelle has kindly provided copies of her book Lead Yourself First! Indispensable Lessons in Business and in Life to all conference delegates.
- The plan portion of our program will be presented by Pamela Hollington of SFU and Rebound Consulting. Pam will provide us with an overview of effective project management. Come learn the tricks of the trade used by professionals to simplify and organize the process. Pam will also lead a hands-on workshop, allowing us to practice the techniques discussed. You will walk away with templates and resources to help with your next project.
- Our final speaker of the day, Lorraine Behnan, previously an actor and writer with Second City, will give an entertaining and practical presentation on how to efficiently and effectively communicate. Lorraine will be emphasizing two-way conversations which are crucial to achieving goals and building relationships from a place of mutual understanding.
Along with offering the usual reduction for early bird registrants, we have extended the payment date to January 29, 2018. We are also offering a 10% rebate per registration when there are three or more attendees from the same firm. Every member of your team will benefit from learning techniques that will help transform your firm to meet the demands of law practice in the 21st century.
This is a great opportunity to engage, plan and communicate. For more information and to register for our conference visit www.bclmaconference.com
Date: November 29, 2018
Location: Sutton Place Hotel
Join us for our Annual Winter Social. A sit down, buffet dinner at the Sutton Place Hotel.More Details