BCLMA 2018 Conference & Market Place
Date(s) - April 19th, 2018 - April 20th, 2018
5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Vancouver Convention Centre East
BCLMA 2018 Conference
Law Firm Transformation
Engage – Plan – Communicate
The theme of this year’s conference is Law Firm Transformation. As we all know, the practice of law is experiencing one of the most dynamic periods of change in history. Everything from technology to personnel, brick and mortar to partner compensation is on the table. The speed of these changes is daunting, and both lawyers and support staff are exhibiting stress. The conference will be exploring how we can engage our firm members in the process of developing and implementing change, how we can plan the best possible roll out, and how we can communicate effectively at all stages of the project.
The kick-off Reception on Thursday evening, April 19, 2018, will be all about cocktails, conversation & creativity. We hope you can join us for an opportunity to meet fellow delegates, participate in an entertaining networking activity, and win prizes.
Using feedback from last conference, we have implemented changes to the conference format:
- The educational portion of the conference will be presented on Friday, April 20th.
- We have continued the extended hours for the ever-popular Market Place from 2 to 3 hours, encompassing a networking lunch and a pre-dinner reception.
- Social Media will once again play an important role in capturing the Conference:
- Twitter and Instagram hashtag #bclma2018.
- Instagram contest. Win more great prizes!
The Conference Committee is excited to have secured three wonderful speakers for the one-day educational Conference.
- Michelle Ray will start us off with a lively discussion on how to engage your firm members in the up-coming project or change. Michelle will help you understand the reasons people are resistant to change and how best to over-come this very natural impulse.
- The plan portion of our program will be presented by Pamela Hollington of SFU and Rebound Consulting. Pam will provide us with an overview of effective project management. Come learn the tricks of the trade used by professionals to simplify and organize the process. Pam will also lead a hands-on workshop, allowing us to practice the techniques discussed. You will walk away with templates and resources to help with your next project.
- Our final speaker of the day, Suzanne Ricard-Greenway, will give a practical presentation on how when it comes to communication, our personality type plays a key role in both how we process and communicate information. When it comes to change, our personality ‘temperaments’ dictate what will get our buy-in and what can trigger our resistance.
Every member of your team will benefit from learning techniques that will help transform your firm to meet the demands of law practice in the 21st century.
This is a great opportunity to engage, plan and communicate. For more information and to register for our conference visit www.bclmaconference.com
Registration deadline April 13, payment is due upon registration Visit www.bclmaconference.com for payment information