SEO Basics: What Is It and Why Should You Care?
Date(s) - April 30th, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In this session, we explain what ‘search engine optimization’ means, and present an overview of a successful SEO strategy. We provide a foundational understanding of various factor that affect SEO, including: onsite (technical), offsite (public relations, list building, Google Maps, Youtube). We’ll guide you in how to audit your current website’s status with Google and explain which tools are the best to use to track and monitor growth. For those who have outsourced SEO we’ll give you the questions to ask and the tools to use to either bring SEO in house or be able to better monitor your vendor.
- The benefits of investing in SEO and how it can integrate with a broader marketing campaign
- How to evaluate the company’s current SEO strategy for effectiveness
- Familiarity with various SEO opportunities that are both onsite and offsite
- Best practices, tips and tricks from industry experts
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the benefit of having strong SEO working place
- Differentiate between the various SEO avenues, the benefits of each one, and their role in the broader marketing calendar
- Completion of running through the various SEO tools where you’ll see how each work and the pros and cons of each
SEO For Law Firms
- What is SEO
- How does SEO work
- What’s the difference between onsite SEO and offsite SEO
- What should I be paying for SEO
- Case studies of SEO success with law firms
Taught by Darian Kovacs of Jelly Marketing & PR
Darian brings over 15 years of experience in marketing, communications and public relations. Throughout his career, he has also been a founder and board member of various foundations and charitable organizations. Through his award-winning company, Jelly Marketing, Darian has worked with various local, national and global brands building and executing on their digital & PR strategy. He co-founded the Canadian Internet Marketing Conference and he’s been featured in BC Business magazine, Business in Vancouver and on the Canada Post training circuit. He is a contributor with Small Business BC, Entrepreneur, and both Rogers and Shaw’s Business Resource Centre on topics of Social Media and PR. Being both an educator and practitioner, Darian’s mix of stories, practical examples and takeaways leaves audiences feeling inspired and equipped to implement social media and PR strategies into their organizations.
This session will be held Singleton Reynolds offices at 1200 – 925 West Georgia Street.
This event is for BCLMA Marketing Affiliates only.
Please contact Alexa Kingsmith at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Please make cheque payable to Singleton Reynolds. Cheques may be submitted in advance to: Attention: Joanne Maguire Singleton Reynolds 1200 - 925 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
Reserve your tickets before April 25, 2018
Bookings are closed for this event.