|Posted:||March 13, 2018||Company:||Henderson Heinrichs LLP|
|Address:||1530 - 1188 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC||Postal Code:||V6E 4A2|
Our downtown, professional law firm is looking for a social but hardworking addition to our administrative team.
Are you an outgoing person who enjoys supporting your team and learning new things? Do you get a great deal of satisfaction from ending each workday with a completed task list, having dealt effectively with interruptions and shifting priorities? Would you describe yourself as warm, empathetic, even-tempered and having the ability to see difficult situations as opportunities to help people? Do you have the natural wisdom to act with discretion and protect confidentiality? Are you seeking a role in which you will be supported as you learn more about legal administrative functions? If so, you may be a great fit for this role.
We are a small- to mid-size family law firm. We have a beautiful office in downtown Vancouver close to all amenities, including a gym in the building. Unlike many professional firms, we pride ourselves on our fun, congenial, energetic and collaborative atmosphere.
This important position is the entry to our practice: the receptionist is constantly involved in the promotion of our business and service of our clients. The role is focused on managing our busy Vancouver reception, as well as help with other administrative tasks as needed by lawyers and the administrative team. It includes general reception duties, as well as:
- Document organization and filing
- General administrative and clerical duties
- Receiving, sending, and sorting mail and courier items
- Data entry in PCLaw
- Positive, warm, professional demeanor
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills, including fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and accounting software
- Courteous and friendly interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and accept feedback positively
- Law office or reception experience would be a definite asset
This position is full-time from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
If you believe that you are the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter describing a time when you diffused a difficult or emotional client situation effectively and demonstrated some of the characteristics we are looking for.
We look forward to hearing from you! Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.