Experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal – MLT Aikins LLP – Vancouver
|Posted:||July 25, 2018||Company:||MLT Aikins LLP|
|Address:||1800 - 355 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC||Postal Code:||V6C 2G8|
LOOKING FOR A SMALL FIRM FEEL WITH ALL THE BENEFITS OF A BIG FIRM, THEN LOOK NO FURTHER!
MLT Aikins LLP is the 11th largest law firm in Canada. We are an expertise-based, full-service law firm of 240 lawyers serving clients across Western Canada from offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
This position will be responsible for providing paralegal support for 2 lawyers in the Vancouver office. Responsibilities will cover all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, commercial leasing and strata property matters, and will include the preparation and review of documents for such matters. Our ideal candidate will have a background in secured lending in addition to commercial real estate. This candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, have superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment. Responsibilities include:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program/and or Paralegal Program (equivalencies will be considered);
- 4 – 5 years of experience working with complex commercial real estate transactions, with some lending experience, in a law firm setting;
- Ability to handle all Land Title Office and Personal Property Registry registrations and filings;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Prepare various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintain an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins LLP. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.