Director of HR & Operations
|Posted:||June 13, 2018||Company:||Stevens Virgin Law Corporations|
|Address:||1700-1040 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6E 4H1|
Stevens Virgin is a professional law firm specializing in personal injury, insurance, and general civil litigation. We are recognized for our expertise, our outstanding customer service and our exceptional skill level throughout numerous areas of practice. At Stevens Virgin, we know that our professionals could not continue to exceed our clients’ expectations without the capability, commitment, and professionalism of our support staff. We seek a dynamic Director of HR & Operations to play an integral role with our team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Partner, The Director of HR & Operations is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Firm. They will function as a strategic partner to the Managing Partner in all things people related and provide coaching and direction as required. They own the long-term vision for people and operations at Stevens Virgin – creating a team that aligns with our values, culture, and company objectives.
- Owns the delivery of various human resources programs including talent and performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding and development, organizational structure and related policies and procedures
- Oversees total rewards programs including compensation structure, annual compensation review process and benefit programs
- Administers Payroll and completes WCB reports
- Maintains personnel files and HRIS system (Bamboo HR) with accuracy and diligence
- Identifies learning and development opportunities and resources, programs, and tools to support employees’ development
- Identifies ways and means to foster good employer/employee relations and maintain a high degree of professionalism and morale among the staff
- Assists and takes part in various committee meetings, including Health & Safety, Business Development and Social Committees
- Analyzes space utilization and recommends revisions as needed; plans and directs office moves and renovations
- Serves as liaison with building maintenance contractors; responsible for physical operation of facility
- Encourages new ways to look at processes and problems; identifies cost savings opportunities
- Prepares and administers the budget and assists the firm in meeting its expense objectives
- Collaborates with the senior management team to establish company goals and objectives and develop business plans
- Stays abreast of trends in office automation and recommends improvements to existing systems to ensure the utilization of the most cost effective equipment
- Main contact and liaison for outsourced IT, escalating any issues and monitoring progress through to resolution
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years progressive HR experience, with a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role in a professional services firm (legal preferred)
- Developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage computer operations and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in people operations and hiring for diverse roles
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment
- CPHR Designation considered an asset but not required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A collaborative team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- A tech savvy individual with strong project management abilities and computer aptitude, with ability to effectively utilize MS Office applications and other business software applications
- An approachable leader with a diverse, but people focused background
- A naturally organized person, able to juggle the priorities of multiple objectives while remaining focused and calm
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes ownership and flourishes in a fast-paced and changing environment
- An advocate for firm’s culture both internally and externally, driving a brand that attracts new employees and retains value-aligned employees.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Compensation for this role includes a comprehensive benefit package including an annual fitness benefit, a professional development budget and 100% premiums paid for MSP, Health & Dental.
If this sounds like a role that you would thrive in, please send your cover letter and CV to Sheh Shojaee at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.