Executive Assistant, Office of General Counsel
|Posted:||January 19, 2018||Company:||Dentons Canada LLP|
|Address:||20th floor, 250 Howe St||Postal Code:||V6C 3R8|
|Phone:||604 687 4460||Fax:|
Dentons is the world’s first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world’s largest law firm, Dentons’ global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries. www.dentons.com.
The Vancouver office is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to join the Office of General Counsel team. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support, such as electronic filing, managing incoming calls and for opening and managing various requests as they relate to claims files. The nature of the Office of General Counsel department and responsibilities of the role require the successful Executive Assistant to be well organized, able to adapt to changing priorities, able to multi-task effectively and to act with a high level of discretion and professionalism.
• Provides support to the Canada Region General Counsel including administrative duties such as booking meetings/boardrooms; scanning and photocopying; electronic and hardcopy filing; pulling and returning files from the archives; managing incoming calls and relaying messages; processing incoming and outgoing mail;
• Manages inquiries and ensures a member of the department is responding in a timely manner;
• Opens new claims files and begins the reporting process, which often involves working with the lawyers to collect claims details;
• Ensures quarterly and semi-annual claims reports are finalized and sent to the appropriate individuals on time;
• Manages bring forward items and various requests relating to claims files as they arise;
• Drafts documents including letters to insurers, protective screen memos and confidential screen memos for review and/or circulation;
• Follows up to review outstanding items;
• Responsible for the processing and submission of expense reports and invoices;
• Coordinating and booking business travel arrangements;
• Assists with special projects as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary certificate/diploma;
• 1-3 years of experience; professional services environment preferred; experience working within a virtual team setting an asset;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm;
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, and take direction and criticism in a positive manner;
• Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines;
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly;
• Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented;
• Ability to consistently meet the needs of clients;
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills;
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
We offer a great working environment and excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to apply by email with Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.