Intermediate Corporate Paralegal
|Posted:||April 16, 2018||Company:||Owen Bird Law Corporation|
|Address:||2900 - 595 Burrard Street, Vancouver||Postal Code:||V7X 1J5|
|Phone:||604 691 7546||Fax:||604 632 4430|
|Owen Bird Law Corporation is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Paralegal. Reporting to the Corporate Services Department Supervisor, the Corporate Paralegal services about 10+ lawyers. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties listed below.|
• Graduate of Paralegal Program or equivalent working experience within a law firm.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Paralegal with a working knowledge of corporate department procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
• Excellent English oral and written skills.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to draft standard correspondence with minimal supervision
• Able to communicate with clients, lawyers and staff
• Familiar with billing/invoicing processes in a legal environment
• Proficient using BC Online and ALF
|Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare correspondence and documents using application software (Word, ALF & Outlook)
• Draft standard letters and documents independently with little supervision
• Prepare corporate documents for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations/organizations, name changes, alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions and other related documents
• Prepare and file documents for partnership, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
• Prepare documents such as share transactions, issuance, transfer, redemption and repurchase, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic resolutions
· Prepare Transition Applications; consolidate versions of exiting Constitutions and Bylaws in an electronic format for approx. 40 societies/foundations that we act for in connection with transitioning requirements under the new British Columbia Societies Act.
• Draft resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions
• Conduct corporate searches
• Update and maintain corporate records and minute books and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into database. Conduct minute book reviews and prepare documents to correct any minute book deficiencies.
• Prepare invoices to clients and post time sheets (using Elite WebView accounting software)
• Perform other related duties as required