Judicial Administrative Assistant – Ministry of Justice
|Posted:||November 30, 2017||Company:||Ministry of Justice - North Vancouver|
The Judicial Administrative Assistant (JAA) provides senior level administrative support to Provincial Court Judges.
Are you a highly motivated administrative professional who is passionate about the legal field and has a strong desire to provide administrative support services to the Regional Administrative Judge, Provincial Court Judges, and Judicial Case Managers?
The JAA acts as the front-line liaison for the Regional Administrative Judge on behalf of the region; the contributions of the JAA are significant in the image and successful operation of the Provincial Court Judiciary. In supporting the Provincial Court Judges and Judicial Case Managers, the JAA handles confidential court documents such as judgements, transcripts, and records. It is therefore vital that the JAA be able to maintain the confidentiality of court materials at all times.
If you are an experienced, administrative professional interested in applying your knowledge of legal procedures, principles, and terminology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Salary $24.04 – $27.19 hourly
– This position is part time (0.6 FTE)
– This position is expected to be 3 days per week but shifts can be flexible as long as total hours per week meet 21 hours.
– This position is excluded from union membership.
– Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 may be provided. Assistance should be sought and confirmed in writing before the position is accepted. Receipts will be required.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum of four years’ administrative/ secretarial experience/ court clerk required, of which 1 year is in a legal capacity;
- Significant experience/training in keyboarding (50 wpm minimum);
- Experience with current MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel;
- Proven machine dictation or transcribing experience;
- Proven high-level experience in editing and proofreading;
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience editing Judgments;
- Administrative Assistant, Legal Secretary or Legal Administration Courses are preferred;
- Or equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
For more information including how to apply online by December 19, 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=46096