Junior Litigation Support Specialist
|Posted:||August 11, 2017||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||Erica Bemister and/or Scarlett Yim|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading mid-sized Vancouver-based law firm providing a wide range of litigation/dispute resolution and business law services. We are currently recruiting for a Junior Litigation Support Specialist. This position will involve working in the Litigation Support Department and reporting to the Litigation Support Manager. The successful candidate would have experience working as a Litigation Paralegal with a strong interest in technology.
- Drafting correspondence, pleadings, applications, and lists of documents.
- Trial preparation and other related tasks as needed for all levels of the courts.
- Copy electronic evidence provided by clients (CDs, DVDs, floppy disks, flash drives, hard drives, etc.), and institute and maintain chain of custody documents/procedures.
- Review and organize client production documents, scanning and coding documents including drafting of Lists of Documents.
- Ensure compliance with litigation support and eDiscovery best practices, including quality control measures, following of firm best practice protocols, and quality assurance checks for production deliverables.
- Additional tasks depending on level of experience, knowledge level, and willingness to learn.
- Experience as a litigation paralegal with exposure to very large and complex litigation matters involving multiple parties and very large numbers of electronic documents.
- A thorough understanding of litigation procedures including knowledge of the Rules of Court.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Keen interest in technology, and in particular, how it can be applied and used as part of the litigation process.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and successfully change the focus and/or direction of analysis, projects and processes. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills, tools and techniques to improve operations, analysis and insight.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Paralegal Designation would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of litigation support applications (Summation, CaseMap, IPro) would be an advantage, however, in depth training will be provided for the right candidate.
- The expectation with this position is that the person will take on more advanced technical work with experience and training.
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a progressive firm that believes in developing the skills and knowledge of employees to remain competitive, and is willing to train the right candidate.
A competitive salary and benefits package are offered, along with a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to email@example.com