Junior – Senior Legal Administrative Assistant in Personal Injury/General and Commercial Litigation
|Posted:||March 13, 2018||Company:||Carter Litigation|
|Address:||107 - 11743 224th Street||Postal Code:||V2X 6A4|
|Phone:||No phone calls please||Fax:|
Carter Litigation, located in Maple Ridge, is a personal injury and general and commercial litigation practice and offers the opportunity to develop one’s career and the flexibility to have a life outside of work.
We currently have a full-time opportunity available for a Junior to Senior Legal Administrative Assistant in Personal Injury and General and Commercial Litigation.
• Perform all LAA work from file opening to closing
• Draft correspondence and documents
• Prepare pleadings, list of documents, bill of costs, application records, affidavits, etc.
• Conduct various BC online and LTSA searches including land title and property searches
• Prepare builder’s liens
• File documents in court registry (including e-filing) and arrange service of documents
• Maintain file organization and assist with organizing document binders
• Handle bring forward system
• Set trial, mediation and examination dates
• Point of contact for taking calls from potential clients
• Conduct conflict searches
• Handle associated administrative tasks, including scanning/photocopying, filing, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable
• Order office supplies
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in personal injury litigation (general and commercial litigation experience is an asset)
• Strong working knowledge of court rules and procedures
• Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil rules
• Excellent word processing skills (MS Word, Outlook)
• Proactive work style
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail; requires high level of accuracy and proofreading
• Superior organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.”