Junior Trainer/Applications Specialist
|Posted:||June 13, 2018||Company:||Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP|
|Address:||2500 - 700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B3|
At Farris, we aim to provide services of the highest calibre in every area of the law. Our team shares a strong sense of loyalty and a collective responsibility – to our clients and to each other – to perform at nothing less than the highest standards.
Farris is a high performance law firm, with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia. We balance a strong regional and national presence with an expanding international practice that includes U.S., European, and Asia-Pacific based clients.
The incumbent will work alongside the Senior Trainer/Applications Specialist to provide support with application training and user helpline. Develops training manuals, holds related workshops for users, and provides software support. Assists with coordinating workflow of the Word Processing Centre and provides word processing support as required.
- Develop and provide ongoing software training to new and existing staff and lawyers
- Provide user software support by responding to queries, resolving problems and general troubleshooting
- Develop and maintain procedures and training manual(s)
- Maintain and update precedents, templates and macros on system
- Develop and maintain intranet site; maintain Farris website
- Assist with monitoring workflow processes within the Word Processing Centre and other users
- Assist with coordinating daily work assignments in the Word Processing Centre ensuring that resources are available to meet demands
- Provide back-up word processing support as required
- Assist with litigation support
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience
- Consideration will be given to individuals without formal experience but who have an aptitude for computer systems and a very strong desire to learn how to effectively troubleshoot and manage computer applications and technologies. While not a requirement, two to five years’ experience in IT or similar professional service industry considered an asset.
- Strong document production skills and solid experience working with MS Office systems and word processing software.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive, upbeat attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and customer service focus.
- Ability to function well under pressure and handle multiple assignments.
- A team player who can work independently and take initiative.
- Hours of work: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the flexibility to work occasional overtime.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.