|Posted:||October 12, 2017||Company:||DLA Piper (Canada) LLP|
|Address:||Suite 2800 - 666 Burrard Street, Vancouver, B.C.||Postal Code:||V6c 2Z7|
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, positioning us to help companies with their legal needs around the world. DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2007 to 2017, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! We are currently looking for a Librarian/Library Technician to join our Library department and invite you to review the job description.
Reporting to the Manager of Library Services in Vancouver, the duties of this full-time position include reference, staff orientation, current awareness and assisting the other Library staff in providing library services to the Firm.
This position may be based in either our Vancouver or Toronto offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing general information, reference and current awareness services to lawyers, students and support staff;
- Monitoring media, case law and legislation;
- Providing library orientation and training;
- Scheduling Quicklaw, WestlawNext and other library database training;
- Providing interlibrary loan services;
- Contributing to the firm’s intranet;
- General library maintenance; and
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualities and Experience Required
- Completion of a MLIS or Library Technician diploma;
- Familiarity with legal resources with ideally at least two years of experience working in a legal library;
- Excellent computer skills and a demonstrated interest in providing online solutions;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and follow up skills;
- Organizational and time management abilities;
- Comfortable with public speaking;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
- Ability to work independently
To apply for this position, please visit the Careers page of www.dlapiper.com: https://www.dlapiper.com/en/canada/careers/careersdetailpages/canada/professional-staff/
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.