Office Services & Facilities Clerk, Copy Centre – Vancouver
|Posted:||February 13, 2018||Company:||Miller Thomson LLP|
|Address:||400 - 725 Granville St., Vancouver, BC||Postal Code:||V7Y 1G5|
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with approximately 500 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are now seeking an Office Services & Facilities Clerk, Copy Centre to join our Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Vancouver Office Manager, the Office Services & Facilities Clerk, Copy Centre is primarily responsible for handling scanning, copying, printing, and binding requests, as well as being part of Office Services & Facilities team carrying out other duties including dealing with office supplies, mail / courier handling, and ad-hoc requests. This individual is also required to back up the reception and host services teams (catering / boardrooms / office cafe) as needed, and to provide a first class services to our clients and firm members.
The position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to identify and deal with different types of file formats, legal materials, and various machine features. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, a “can do” attitude, strong communication and organization skills, and a desire to work in and promote a client-first focused culture. Being a contributing team player is essential as a part of the wider Office Services & Facilities team along with work hour flexibility to accommodate business needs.
In this role, responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Responsible for scanning, copying, printing, and binding requests including copying documents onto CDs/USBs, and renaming and saving documents accurately into the Document Management System (DMS)
- Quality checking; uploading documents into DMS, binding, creating tabs and labels
- Monitoring and ordering printing supplies such as toners, drums, tabs, and binding materials
- Returning used printer supplies for recycling
- General maintenance of printers and copiers around the office such as changing toners, attending to minor trouble-shooting (e.g. paper jams)
- Assisting with other office services duties as required; attending to the courier delivery window, receive, log, and deliver mail and packages, prepare packages for outgoing couriers, and order stationary
- Performing reception and host services duties as required
- Assisting host services staff with general housekeeping duties such as keeping the office café tidy and stocked with supplies
- Keeping office supply stocks organized
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess the following:
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one years’ experience in a similar office environment with previous experience in a law firm copy centre considered desirable
- Experience in using legal software an asset (eg Primafact and Eclipse)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent time management and organization skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Works well under pressure to manage and meet multiple deadlines, with a flexible attitude and professional approach
- Familiarity with various different file formats, legal materials, particularly with formats and stylistic requirements of different court documents, Eclipse, slip-sheeting, etc.
- Comfortable with technology and in working with the Document Management System, different types of machines and their features
- Strong work ethic, “can-do” approach and positive team attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Excellent MS Office skills
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Tina Giallonardo, Director, Talent Management
Miller Thomson LLP
725 Granville St.
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.