Paralegal – ICBC Defence
|Posted:||February 20, 2018||Company:||Hamilton Duncan|
|Address:||1450 - 13401 108th Ave||Postal Code:|
Hamilton Duncan, located in one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, offers a commitment to excellence in law, a diverse practice representing clients in a wide range of interesting and challenging matters, the opportunity to develop one’s career and the flexibility to have a life outside of work. We are a full-service firm, and we boast a strong track record of assisting our clients to achieve their goals and objectives by providing experienced, innovative, and superior legal services.
We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone on the team while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. We recognize the importance of having a work-life balance.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Paralegal in our Litigation Department (ICBC Defence).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review file intake materials
- Prepare chronologies and summarize clinical records
- Initial drafting of standard pleadings, motions and affidavits
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Direct LAAs in the performance of non-billable work
- Meet with lawyers on a regular basis to discuss strategy and receive instructions
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated administrative tasks
- Paralegal certificate from Vancouver Community College, Capilano University
- Minimum 1 year paralegal experience in personal injury and/or insurance defense
- Must have or be able to qualify for an ICBC billing number
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to Nikki at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.