Paralegal – Insurance Defence
|Posted:||January 12, 2018||Company:||Lindsay LLP|
|Address:||1000 - 564 Beatty Street||Postal Code:||V6B 2L3|
LINDSAY LLP opened its doors on January 1, 2013 but originated as an insurance defence firm over thirty years ago. The firm is an acknowledged leader in the field of insurance law and related civil litigation.
While providing innovative service to the insurance industry nationally and internationally, the focal point of the practice is the problem solving talents of the firm members. From the most senior to the most junior lawyer, the efficient and economical handling of a case is paramount. The firm has strength in working within the judicial system to achieve resolution of most cases through settlement, alternate dispute resolution and trial. The exercise of sound judgment and the providing of timely advice is most valued by our clients.
We are currently seeking a full time certified Paralegal with a minimum of 3 years solid work experience to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 1 year of employment with the firm.
Applicants to the position must have the following:
- Experience in property claims, subrogation, and construction litigation is preferred
- Experience with Summation or other document management software is an asset
- Solid understanding of legal procedures and documentation
- Excellent spoken English, composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to multitask, organize large litigation files, obtain background/factual information and perform legal research
Duties for this position include the following:
- Prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Interview fact and expert witnesses and summarize their evidence
- Assist with the preparation for trial
- Draft a variety of court documents such as a Response to Civil Claim, Bill of Costs, Third Party Notices, Notices of Application, Affidavits, Lists of Documents, and Mediation Summaries
Please forward your cover letter, résumé, and references in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.