Real Estate Documentation Assistant – Port of Vancouver
|Posted:||October 12, 2017||Company:||Vancouver Fraser Port Authority|
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Our Real Estate Team is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their group as a Real Estate Documentation Assistant. In this role, you will:
Legal Documentation and Administration
- Responsible for preparing and processing documents, in accordance with instructions, from initiation through to execution, including recording and tracking documentation in process. Also responsible for facilitating the review, approval and assembly of documents in a timely manner. Draft agreements including non-standard clauses for approval.
- Generate reports respecting real estate documentation and related matters as requested. Track status of real estate documentation in the property management system.
- Research and organize background information relating to real estate documentation matters.
- Respond directly to documentation inquiries from internal and external customers, as appropriate.
- Administer BC Online and LTSA for Legal and Real Estate departments.
General Administrative Support
- Compose correspondence as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Real Estate department as required.
- Compile and maintain statistical reports, and handle matters on own initiative.
As the ideal candidate, you have a Paralegal or Legal Administrative Assistant certificate from a recognized educational institution along with a minimum of 3 years’ legal support experience in a commercial real estate environment with an emphasis on drafting leases and other property related agreements. You are proficient in MS Office Suite, with demonstrated ability to use document change tracking tools. Experience working with a property management database is required, and knowledge of BC Online and LTSA procedures and documentation would be an assetCompile and maintain statistical reports, and handle matters on own initiative.
The port authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/, by October 27, 2017.
(Please note that this position will remain active until the position is filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.