Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal – Murphy Battista LLP
|Posted:||March 13, 2018||Company:||Murphy Battista LLP|
|Address:||2020-650 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6B 4N7|
Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is one of the best known and most successful personal injury law firms in Western Canada, and was one of the first “boutique” law firms in BC practicing in a specialized area.
The Firm continues to be at the forefront of personal injury work: in our commitment to each case, in using our past knowledge and experience, and in maximizing the recovery.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal to join one of our Teams at our Vancouver Office.
As a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal at Murphy Battista LLP, you will be responsible for:
– regular client interaction via phone, e-mail and in-person meetings
– drafting, filing and arranging for Chambers applications
– all duties related to Trial such as scheduling and coordinating witnesses, document management, powerpoint presentations, Jury Trial preparation and subpoenas
– drafting and finalizing pleadings
– mediation scheduling and preparation
– document collection, management, file opening, and file analysis
– administrative duties related to scheduling xfds, booking IMES/DMES, payment of invoices, special damages, binder updates, filing, and opening files
You will bring the following background and skills:
– Sound experience as a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant (8+ years)
– Technical training as a legal assistant or paralegal is an asset from a recognized institution
– Demonstrated customer service and client contact skills and experience
– An ability to multi-task within an ever changing environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– The ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
– Strong MS office skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), PC Law, and experience working with Primafact is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code 02-2018-PARBC, in confidence to:
Valerie Taylor, Human Resources Director at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.