Paralegal or Sr. Legal Admin Assistant
|Posted:||June 18, 2018||Company:||Spraggs & Co.|
|Address:||202-1030 Westwood Street||Postal Code:||V3C 4E4|
This position offers a flexible schedule or the ability to work from home!
Spraggs & Co., one of Coquitlam’s premier law firms, currently has an opening for a Claims Manager (Sr. Legal Admin Assistant or Paralegal)! We have been serving injured people for more than 45 years. Today, we run a thriving plaintiff’s personal injury practice, built on a team-based model and a collaborative organizational culture designed to get results.
We balance legal skills, efficiency and client satisfaction to help our clients get access to justice and pleasing results. We work in claim teams comprised of a legal assistant, a claims manager (you), and a lawyer. Your claim team helps a client through the entire process – from choosing Spraggs & Co. to reaching final settlement or judgement.
Each claim is unique and each client has different needs. A claims manager determines how we can best support our client’s claim. Claims managers energize the process, support development of legal strategy, organize work to effectively manage a claim and help us to execute the plan flawlessly.
As a claims manager you will spend most of your time:
- Conducting client intake meetings and collecting pertinent client information
- Communicating with clients
- Scheduling and leading claim team strategy meetings
- Managing claim accounts and investing wisely for maximum value
- Managing claim-related timelines, appointments and deadlines
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Conducting legal research
- Preparing for trial
- Preparing bills and closing files
We think you are probably a paralegal or Sr. legal admin who is always the one who organizes dinner with friends or makes the vacation plans and books the flights. You have quality legal support skills, you think in terms of process and goals, and you bring order to chaos. If that sounds like you, and you can meet the list of qualifications and competencies below, we want to hear from you:
- Graduate of an accredited paralegal program and/or holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience working at a law firm or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of the rules of civil procedure
- A pragmatic and solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Effective organization and time-management skills
- An aptitude for using various software packages such as Microsoft Suite and other technological applications
Experience in a personal injury firm is not a requirement, but it is an asset. What’s even better is experience with the integrated software suite ProLaw.
As you’d expect, you need effective interpersonal and communication skills to be successful in our team-based collaborative model. We work hard and we like to get stuff done, but we have fun while we wok so a positive attitude is a strong requirement.
How To Apply
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to Willa Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Re: Claims Manager”.
We appreciate all applications, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.