LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – LITIGATION
Part-time (3 days per week, flexible days), Vancouver
The Real Estate Errors and Omissions Insurance Corporation (“REEOIC”) is the not-for-profit mandatory professional liability insurer for the real estate industry in British Columbia. REEOIC’s mission statement is to provide cost effective professional liability insurance, loss prevention tools and legal support services for the protection of real estate licensees and thereby the public.
As part of our ongoing role of defending and indemnifying real estate licensees against professional liability claims, REEOIC is seeking to add a Legal Administrative Assistant to our existing team. This in-house position will provide you with a dynamic and challenging work environment and the opportunity to work with seasoned legal experts in a collaborative, supportive and balanced workplace.
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- All administrative functions, including file opening/closing procedures, filing, calendar management, appointments, meetings, travel arrangements, BF system and general file management;
- Typing and drafting correspondence, legal documents and pleadings;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Performing editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, reports, pleadings and forms;
- Preparation and organization of material for Board of Directors;
- Managing work volume and juggling priorities while supporting demanding practices;
- Ensuring deadlines are met;
- Preparing court materials such as applications, books of authorities and books of documents;
- Sorting incoming mail and preparation of outgoing mail; and
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Be a self-starter who needs little direction and can work independently:
- Have strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and BC Online;
- Be able to handle and organize a high-level of paper flow and multiple files;
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Have the ability to prioritize;
- Possess very strong multi-tasking ability;
- Have experience and knowledge of civil litigation rules and procedures for all levels of Court;
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years litigation experience, preferably insurance defence. A graduate from a recognized Legal Administration Assistant and/or Paralegal program is preferred but not required.
REEOIC offers a competitive compensation package combined with excellent benefits. Please submit your resume and references to Ms. Leslie Howatt at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.