Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver, B.C. and Toronto, Ontario. We are dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently seeking a self-starting Digital Marketing + Communications Assistant to join our Marketing + Business Development team in Vancouver. This candidate will be an integral part of a fun and collaborative team and will support a variety of Marketing and Business Development focused activities including coordinating external facing marketing, business development and communications initiatives, creating and overseeing online content and assisting and implementing a variety of internal communications initiatives.
- Assist Marketing + BD team with daily requests to create and update social media, maintain & update website;
- Assist with corporate communication requests from other departments including business development, HR, student and associate teams, as well as firm committees such as our DE + I committee;
- Assist with requests for social media including supporting with copywriting, graphics and staging;
- Work with outside suppliers and partner organizations to develop content, request quotes, and solicit feedback when needed;
- Liaise with web developer, graphic designer and other external vendors related to advertising, SEO, SEM, etc;
- Collaborate with Marketing + BD team on activities to support marketing plans for individual lawyers and/or specific practice groups or projects as needed;
- Assist with award submissions on behalf of the firm, including writing and coordinating submissions with Marketing + BD Coordinator;
- Assist with updating the firm’s directories and rankings on the website and online listings;
- Assist with research and writing as needed on RFPs and pitches;
- Assist with editorial for practice groups, special projects, etc.;
- Assist with ensuring brand continuity on all materials including presentations, brand guidelines;
- Assist with internal speeches, PR and other writing in support of the team, lawyers and firm management;
- Create quarterly blog reports for industry and practice groups;
- Assist with updating biographies and other web updates;
- Assist with the firm’s Holiday initiatives including annual client database reviews, coordinating client gifts and working on a digital holiday card;
- Assist with photo shoots for website and lawyer headshots;
- Providing coverage for Marketing + Events assistant as needed;
- Assist with administrative tasks for the department including working with Accounting to ensure accounts are paid (invoice payments, etc.);
- Assist with Legal Marketing Research as required; and
- miscellaneous Marketing & Communications projects as required.
We are seeking a highly organized, self-starting individual with excellent interpersonal skills. We are also looking for a great communicator with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate should have a strong ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and be flexible and resourceful. You should also have:
- A degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, PR or journalism along with a mix of experience, education and willingness to learn. On the job training will be provided.
- You should love writing and creating content for all kinds of audiences. Candidates are encouraged to provide samples of their writing.
- This a hybrid marketing and communications role so general marketing experience with an understanding of digital marketing would be an asset.
- Individual should be an excellent communicator and someone who enjoys working with people including a comfort level interacting with senior stakeholders and working collaboratively in a cross-functional team of professionals.
- Working knowledge and experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
- Some experience using marketing technology solutions, such as webinar platforms (Zoom and Microsoft Teams); email marketing automation platforms (Constant Contact, Mailchimp for example); event engagement tools (Vuture, Cvent) and CRM or client contact databases.
- WordPress or similar web platform experience;
- Experience in SEO and/or SEM.
- Project Management experience;
- Google Analytics;
- Online tools such as Canva,
- Software such as SmartSheet;
- MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
Alexander Holburn offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
Diversity + Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.