Ratcliff LLP is the North Shore’s oldest and largest law firm located in the lower Lonsdale area near the seabus terminal. Ratcliff is a leader in providing a full range of legal services to clients in the local community, throughout the Lower Mainland and beyond.
Our firm is currently seeking a full time paralegal/legal assistant to join our Real Estate team. This role will have responsibility for handling all real estate matters, including:
- Managing residential and commercial sales, purchases, mortgages, and administration files independently or as required by the firm’s real estate lawyers.
- Resort (including fractional) real estate transactions.
- First Nations real estate transactions.
- GST registrations.
- Prepare and draft all legal documents, correspondence, and accounts required for completion of the real estate transactions.
- Liaise with clients, financial institutions, counsel, and other external parties as needed.
- All related reporting and billing.
The candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program.
- 4 + years of legal experience in a Real Estate Department.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently manage a file from beginning to end.
- A self-directed working style, but also an ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills are essential (Outlook, MS Word/Excel, EsiLaw, BC Online, MYLTSA).
- Meticulous attention to detail and getting things right.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong administration and organization skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients.
- Working knowledge of ProSuite or other similar conveyancing software.
Competitive salary and benefits program. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.