Owen Bird Law Corporation is a downtown, full-service, mid-sized law firm committed to providing exceptional service and outstanding results for our clients.
We are currently looking for a part-time Billing Clerk (approx. 10-15 hours per week) to assist a small number of lawyers with their monthly electronic billing. This role is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented professional who enjoys working independently and values having the opportunity to work flexible hours. After a training period, there are opportunities to work remotely.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing prebills to billing lawyers for initial review.
- Amending prebills and finalizing invoices as per lawyer’s instructions.
- Uploading the invoices into third-party billing systems.
- Ensuring that Firm’s billing process as well as clients’ billing guidelines are followed.
- Following up on Appeals.
Here is what you bring to the team:
- Minimum of 2-4 years recent work experience as a Billing Clerk/ Accounting Clerk or Legal Assistant within a law firm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage, organize, and prioritize work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Experience with Accounting system Soluno and/or e-billing platforms (Tymetrix, Legal X, Legal Tracker, Serengeti etc..) is an asset.
- Strong organization skills with high accuracy and attention to detail
Hourly wage range: $27.50- $32.50.
If you are interested in working in a supportive and collegial firm culture, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to call Astrid Waalwijk, Director of Human Resources & Administration, if you have any questions at 604-691-7546.