Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a Trust Funds Specialist to join our Vancouver Finance Department on a 12 month contract. This position will report to the Trust Funds Team Lead. The Trust Funds Specialist will provide support primarily to the Vancouver office team in the area of Trust Accounting. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Managing of Trust fund accounts, in compliance with the Law Society rules and Firm policies;
- Issuing and posting of outgoing payments, including wire transfers using multiple bank platforms and cheque payments;
- Performing internal bank transfers between internal accounts;
- Prepare daily bank deposits and posting of Trust Deposits including cheques, EFT’s and credit cards;
- Processing matter to matter transfers;
- Handling of FX conversion requests;
- Creating, Opening and Closing of investment accounts;
- Performing daily reconciliation of pooled trust accounts and investment accounts;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Liaise with bank contacts and signing officers to help facilitate transactions;
- Reconciling and issuing of end of year T5’s;
- Assist in annual Lawyer filing;
- Posting and reconciling of SEDAR disbursements.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an independent trust accounting role within a legal environment;
- Solid understanding of full Accounting cycle;
- Knowledge in Law Society rules relating to Trust Accounting;
- Knowledge of SAP financial system is preferred but not mandatory;
- Strong software application skills including intermediate knowledge of Excel;
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working both independently and in a group setting;
- Possess excellent oral and written skills;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please note that Norton Rose Fulbright Canada requires all Firm members to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon arrival to the Firm as a condition of employment. Norton Rose Fulbright has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world's preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3500 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy, infrastructure and resources; transport; technology; life sciences and healthcare; and consumer markets. Through our global risk advisory group, we leverage our sector experience with our knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide our clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
Law around the world