HR sub-section meeting: Leveraging Our Collective Expertise (Roundtable) – January 9, 2019
Date(s) - January 9th, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Four Seasons Hotel
791 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
We hope you will join us for the first HR sub-section meeting of the year on January 9, 2019. We want to take the opportunity to leverage the immense amount of collective knowledge of our talented peers in the HR sub-section. Accordingly, we will be hosting a “round-table” discussion, choosing a few key points for discussion that seem to be “hot topics” for all our firms.
- HR Best Practice and “Wins” – What are the things we have done that have created big impact or added significant value for our firms? How might other firms be able to learn from those ideas?
- Remote / work from home options – What is / isn’t being allowed and what parameters or controls are being set? How do we see this changing in the future?
- Creating engagement – In a tight labour market and one where many employees have expectations of progressive growth, what are or can our firms do to create engagement, particularly for our high potential people?
Megan McAllister will facilitate the round-table by introducing the questions at the start of the session, asking groups to discuss over lunch, and leading the exchange of dialogue from the tables.
- Baby Kale Salad – Parmesan, Lemon, Brioche Crumble, Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Seared Salmon – Warm Cauliflower and Quinoa Tabbouleh, Herb Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Fields – Strawberry Sponge Cake, Strawberry Yogurt Mousse, Pistachio Cremeux
Please make cheques of $50.50 (inclusive of taxes) payable to BC Legal Management Association. Cheques may be mailed in advance to PO Box 75562, RPO Edgemont Village, North Vancouver, B.C. V7R 4X1 or brought to the meeting. Any questions can be directed to Megan McAllister (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please RSVP by January 3, 2019.
We hope to see you there! Please note we will not be hosting a February HR meeting as there is an all-firms meeting on February 20, 2019.
Cheques payable to BCLMA and brought to the meeting.
Reserve your tickets before January 3, 2019
Bookings are closed for this event.