HR Subsection meeting: Leveraging our Collective Expertise (Roundtable) – January 8, 2020
Date(s) - January 8th, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Terminal City Club
837 West Hastings Street
In this meeting, we will take the opportunity to leverage the immense amount of collective knowledge of our talented peers in the HR sub-section. The meeting will be in the format of a “round-table” discussion, choosing a few key points for discussion that seem to be “hot topics” for all our firms.
- What are firms doing beyond traditional onboarding training to enable new/junior Legal Assistants to integrate and learn the Legal Assistant skillset?
- How can we ensure that new team members integrate within the organizational culture beyond the week 1 “welcome lunch”
- Staff Retention:
- What are firm’s doing/can firm’s do to make employees feel valued?
- What might we do regarding employee advancement/skill development?
- Are we looking at employee feedback and implementing changes/ideas?
Bria Taker will facilitate the round-table by introducing the questions at the start of the session, asking groups to discuss over lunch, and leading the exchange of dialogue from the tables.
Please RSVP by January 6, 2020.
Please make cheques of $50.50 (inclusive of taxes) payable to BC Legal Management Association. Cheques may be mailed in advance to PO Box 75562, RPO Edgemont Village, North Vancouver, B.C. V7R 4X1 or brought to the meeting. Any questions can be directed to Bria Taker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reserve your tickets before January 8, 2020
Bookings are closed for this event.