The Lean Legal Efficiency Toolkit – 3 part Workshop
Date(s) - April 13th, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This workshop is presented by the Gimbal Group and takes place over 3 sessions. April 13, April 27th and May 11.
Join us for a new special educational series! Specifically tailored for members of the BCLMA, The LeanLegal® Efficiency Toolkit provides practical, achievable skills that members will be able to implement immediately in your own work, to add more value and reduce wasted time and effort.
In this dynamic three-part workshop series, you’ll harness proven business improvement tools to create innovative solutions for your organization and your clients. Some of the most iconic companies on the planet have been using Lean and process improvement for years, delivering better quality service to their clients in less time and at less cost. Now you can use the same techniques to gain the competitive edge and create a more agile, productive, profitable organization.
What you’ll learn.
- Get an introduction to Lean and a powerful set of skills you can use right away to make your work easier and deliver better value to your firm and your clients.
- Hands-on practice identifying value and waste in your work, and experience applying creative, interactive, and highly eﬀective tools to overcome real problems facing you and your organization.
- A framework for creative problem-solving that ensures you understand the issues and root causes before jumping to solutions.
- A list of potential improvement opportunities targeting the waste that reduces your productivity and undermines the quality and value of the work you do, or that is done for you, every day.
Why you should come?
- The fast-paced, interactive format will challenge you to move beyond “That’s the way we’ve always done it,” and take you out of your comfort zone.
- You’ll learn to design solutions that add real value for you, your firm, and your clients (internal or external), improving performance within your practice and in the business and administrative processes that support everything you do.
- You’ll expand your ability and that of your team to develop and implement innovative solutions that deliver top-quality services in less time and at less cost.
Who should come?
People who will become leaders of change and innovation at diﬀerent levels in your organization, including:
o Law firm leaders
o Senior business and administrative managers and directors
o Assistants, paralegals, and other support personnel
By signing up for this series, you will lock in your space for all 3 workshops (April 13, April 27th and May 11) Can’t make one? Don’t worry, the sessions will be recorded for the registered participants, and there is time in between workshops to get caught up. Your registration in this workshop series includes access to three 60-minute interactive workshops (and their recordings) including breakout sessions and group activities, and a downloadable workbook with all materials.
Karen and David Skinner believe every lawyer deserves a successful practice and the time to enjoy that success. To that end, they help lawyers and legal professionals build more efficient, profitable, and productive practices. They’re the co-founders of Gimbal Lean Practice Management Advisors and lawyers with over 20 years’ experience each in Canada and Europe. Together, they’re the exclusive Global Advisors on Legal Process Improvement to the International Institute of Legal Project Management. Karen also sits on the IILPM’s Global Advisory Council.
Karen and David are industry leaders in the application of Lean to the legal profession. They write and speak regularly, facilitate legal process improvement projects across North America, and have taught Gimbal’s proven LeanLegal® approach to thousands of legal professionals around the world.
The combine their deep understanding of the legal industry with their training in Lean Six Sigma to provide practical solutions to the competitive and budgetary pressures on practitioners and clients alike.
Karen and David live in Montreal. They spend winter weekends skiing at Mont Tremblant (where David is a Ski Patroller) and summer holidays paddling and kiting in the waters around Montreal and, when they can travel, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
The maximum number of registrations for this virtual workshop is 45 people. You must register for all 3 sessions as they are all connected.
Cost $100 + GST (for all three sessions) Non Members $110 + GST (for all three sessions)
For more information contact Naomi Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop # 1 – Sponsored by
Workshop # 2 – Sponsored by
Workshop # 3 – Sponsored by
Cheques paybable to BCLMA, mailed to PO Box 77562, RPO Edgemont Village North Vancouver, BC, V7R 4X1 or by credit card. The credit card form is under the Resources Section on the BCLMA website. Or call 604-988-1221
Reserve your tickets before April 13, 2021
Bookings are closed for this event.