|Posted:||November 8, 2019||Company:||MTC Law|
|Address:||101 - 7565, 132 St||Postal Code:||V3W 1K5|
MTC Law (formerly Murchison Thomson & Clark) is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our Surrey team. This position is for a team player who is very organized, who takes initiative and who can handle a busy workload. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, have solid analytical and organizational skills and excellent communication skills.
Reporting into the Accounting Department, this role comprises of AR/AP duties along with providing general assistance, including:
- AR deposits
- Daily Disbursement/Cost uploads and posting
- Assisting with Monthly Billing (generating pre-bills, bills, reversals, WIP write-offs)
- Submitting and maintaining 3rd party invoices
- Keeping track of “Deducted Fees/Disbursements” on ICBC payments, coordinating with timekeepers on appealing them and filing appeals in Legal-X
- Fixing problems with ICBC “Rejected” bills and re-submitting them through Legal-X
- Responding to accounts payable inquiries
- Maintaining EsiLaw data for billing setups
- Adhoc duties as required
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar environment, be proficient in EsiLaw and have post-secondary training in accounting/finance. The candidate must also be results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify solutions or approaches to issues. Experience with ICBC billing and Legal-X would be an asset.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Long term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every day
- An outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co-workers
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover to email@example.com.