Administrative Assistant for Corporate Services Department
|Posted:||November 21, 2021||Company:||Owen Bird Law Corporation|
|Address:||2900-595 Burrard Street, PO Box 49130||Postal Code:||V7X 1J5|
Owen Bird Law Corporation is a downtown, full-service, mid-sized law firm committed to providing exceptional service and outstanding results for our clients.
We are seeking a junior administrative assistant for our corporate services department. Main duties will consist of digitizing our corporate records. In time we anticipate that there will be opportunities to grow within the department and take on more advanced tasks & responsibilities.
Who are you?
You are a team player with some clerical experience and able to work independently. You have a keen eye for detail and you take pride in your work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scanning of the corporate minute books and saving the electronic files to Alf, our corporate database;
- Conducting audits to ensure that electronic files and physical files are identical;
- Attending to requests from lawyers and staff – e. photocopying and scanning documents from minute books and client files;
- Sending form letters to clients requesting instructions regarding physical corporate records;
- Maintaining and updating excel spreadsheet tracking the letters, client responses and status of each entity’s conversion;
- Arranging pick-up or courier delivery of physical corporate records to clients who provide addresses.
- Assisting with any other general and corporate clerical duties as required;
Here is what you bring to our team:
- A minimum of one (1) year of clerical experience in a (law) office;
- Work experience in the corporate services department of a law firm would be considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid proficiency in Word, Adobe and Excel;
- Consistently accurate and reliable in your work;
- Ability to work independently;
If you are interested in applying for this entry level opportunity in a friendly and supportive environment with many opportunities to grow as a legal administrative professional, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Astrid Waalwijk, Human Resources Manager. Please feel free to call Astrid if you have any questions at 604-691- 7546.