Administrative Assistant/ LAA
|Posted:||February 23, 2021||Company:||Harris and Company LLP|
|Address:||1400-550 Burrard Street||Postal Code:||V6C2B5|
Harris & Company LLP (Harris) is Western Canada’s largest workplace law and advocacy firm. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant/ Legal Administrative Assistant to join our busy and fast-paced team. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Manager.
We are dedicated to providing unparalleled client service, maintaining a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and building ongoing client relationships. Our administrative team is integral to meeting these goals.
Harris is a highly respected and recognized boutique law firm. With the resources of a large firm, and the culture of a small firm, Harris offers a collegial, friendly and flexible learning environment. This position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with ongoing firm projects, and providing over-flow support and vacation/leave coverage for legal support staff;
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, and correspondence as directed by legal professionals;
- Creating, monitoring and maintaining client files for legal professionals;
- Opening and closing files;
- Processing billable and non-billable time and preparing client invoices;
- Managing calendars and bring forward systems to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Liaising with external clients as required;
- Preparing for trial and hearings, including organizing respective documents.
- 2+ years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant (experience in workplace law and advocacy or litigation considered an asset);
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Outlook required; experience with iManage considered an asset;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines;
- Strong technical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to Christine Drag, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line, and provide a summary of your applicable experience in the body of the email.