Administrative Assistant, Legal
|Posted:||January 17, 2019||Company:||Intact Insurance|
We’re here to help people, businesses and society proper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance – are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
Are you a detail-oriented, strong self-starter, who shows initiative and places a high value on teamwork and cooperation? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization?
Intact Insurance’s Legal Claims department is currently recruiting for a 12 – Month Opportunity as an Administrative Assistant in our downtown Vancouver office. As an Administrative Assistant, you will play an integral part of the team by providing support to Legal Assistants, Lawyers and Management
This role will give you the chance to:
- Handle general office duties, including but not limited to opening files, closing files, photocopying, requisitioning cheques and filing
- Be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties while working independently, with little supervision
- Be exceedingly well-organized, impressively resourceful, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Have the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow in a fast-paced environment in order to be successful in this position
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn
- High degree of professionalism in manner, tone and dress
- Be extremely discreet and comfortable handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience using Oracle is an asset
- Effective communication, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to work
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting closes on January 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.