Administrative Assistant, Professional Regulation
|Posted:||February 13, 2020||Company:||The Law Society of BC|
|Address:||845 Cambie Street||Postal Code:||V6B 4Z9|
Come join our team! If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, with an organization that embraces the core values of integrity and excellence, look no further.
The Law Society of BC offers work/life balance, a collegial atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package, including: extended health benefits, a dental plan, a generous health care spending account, and more.
Our Professional Regulation department is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant, Professional Regulation is responsible for assisting the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), the Executive Assistant, CLO and the Professional Regulation managers with various administrative tasks such as electronic filing, paper filing, photocopying, data entry and other basic administrative duties.
The duties of this position include:
Taking work direction from the Executive Assistant, CLO and regulatory managers on daily administrative functions, such as:
- Supporting external litigation files, through electronic filing of emails and other pertinent electronic documents, maintaining pleadings binders and filing materials into paper files.
- Filing, photocopying, printing and assembling materials for discipline hearings, meetings, conferences, appointments, etc.
- Boxing closed files for off-site storage.
- Inputting data into the Records Tracking System (RTS).
- Processing legal and administrative files for long-term storage in RTS; assisting the custodian in locating files throughout the course of the custodianship and after discharge.
- May be called upon to attend at a lawyer’s office to assist the Custodianships team in taking possession of law practice material.
- Such other duties that the Chief Legal Officer, Executive Assistant, CLO, and Professional Regulation managers may require.
- Successful completion of a recognized legal secretarial program or equivalent post-secondary education and 1-2 years of law office experience.
- Experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written skills; well-developed time management and analytical skills; and must be able to work in a team environment.
To apply, please complete the form below or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant, Professional Regulation.” The closing date for this competition is February 28, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia