Collections Officer (part-time)
|Posted:||September 12, 2019||Company:||Richards Buell Sutton LLP|
|Address:||401 West Georgia Street, Suite 700||Postal Code:||V6B 5A1|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||Cindy Z.P. Hildebrandt|
As a full service law firm with a history of over 145 years in Vancouver, Richards Buell Sutton LLP (RBS) is committed to providing the highest standard of service to our clients, and strives to be one of the top employers in B.C.!
We are looking for a part-time Collections Officer to join our dynamic team. This person will work 3 days a week and report to the Manager of Accounting.
- initiate collections on all delinquent bills for legal services;
- work cooperatively with clients to resolve delinquencies;
- communicate with lawyers regularly to discuss delinquencies and provide updates on payment status;
- respond to client inquiries regarding payments;
- prepare monthly reports detailing client payments and amounts outstanding;
- process payments and ,
- assist with other accounting functions.
This person should:
– be a self-starter, able to work independently.
– have the ability to understand and adapt to our law firm culture.
– have strong people skills with an emphasis on building strong relationships.
– be comfortable with technology as a tool essential for getting the job done.
– be prepared to face and overcome rejection, both from clients and lawyers.
– be able to analyze problems and find solutions in all areas of accounts receivable management for every practice area.
– recognize that there is little leverage in collecting aged accounts receivable.
– be assertive as well as compassionate in all client communications;
The key to the success of this role is the ability to interact and build relations with the lawyers and the clients. This person must be able to discuss payment obligations with clients without hurting the relationship the client has with the firm. They must also be able to work one-on-one with the lawyers, and inspire the confidence of the lawyers.
– positive attitude
– consistent and persistent
– goal oriented
– strong negotiation skills
– self motivated
– have strong written and verbal communication skills
– possess law firm or professional services experience (minimum 5 years)
– have the ability to multi-task and maintain strict confidentiality
– be proficient use of MS Office including Outlook and Excel
-Elite accounting software experience preferred.
Come join the RBS Team!
Although we thank all those who apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.