Accounts Receivable Specialist
|Posted:||July 29, 2020||Company:||Farris LLP|
|Address:||25th Floor, 700 W Georgia St.||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B3|
Farris is a high performance law firm with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia. We balance a strong regional and national presence with an expanding international practice that includes US, European and Asia-Pacific based clients. With offices in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria BC, we offer a full range of legal services.
More than just a leading law firm, we are committed to the communities where we live and work. Our environment fosters multiple paths to success, independence and leadership. Our walls display our rich history—reminding us of why we try harder and why we consistently pursue excellence in the legal profession.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for coordinating the collections of accounts receivables from clients, following established firm procedures. Interacts daily with clients, lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants, members of the Accounting Department and other administrative staff.
- Contact clients directly for payment of outstanding invoices by telephone and/or other communication channels, including in person.
- Monitor and review accounts receivable reports to assess collections needs.
- Review and resolve client accounts receivable issues including detailed account reconciliation as needed.
- Act as a liaison to resolve client billing discrepancies.
- Ensure lawyers and management are apprised of potential collection issues.
- Provide status reports on collection activities and accounts receivable on a monthly basis.
- Establish and manage the reminder notice process for all assigned accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years’ accounting and/or billing and collections experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services organization. Post secondary education in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Elite Accounting software considered an asset.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively, effectively, and professionally. Strong written communication skills are equally essential.
- Solid organizational, analytical and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to practically problem-solve, and exercise sound, independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and proactive.
Candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Elizabeth A. Jackson, MBA, CPHR
Director, Human Resources
25th Floor – 700 W. Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1B3
We thank all candidates for their interest in Farris; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.