Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
|Posted:||January 11, 2019||Company:||McEwan Partners|
|Address:||900 980 Howe Street||Postal Code:|
McEwan Partners is a boutique litigation firm founded by a group of industry-recognized litigators. Led by three Chambers-ranked Queen’s Counsel, our lawyers include seven former judicial clerks – three in the Supreme Court of Canada – and members of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Society of Barristers. We practice civil litigation with a focus on securities, shareholder and corporate litigation. We represent our clients before all levels of courts and tribunals. Our clients trust us to advise them on their most difficult and important matters.
We are currently looking for a full-time Commercial Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join our firm. The position provides an opportunity to work with a vibrant, hard-working team of professionals in a laidback setting. The successful candidate will be energetic, flexible, highly motivated, and enjoy the variety of work that comes with the small firm model.
- A thorough understanding of litigation law legal procedures. Experience in the Court of Appeal would be a great asset;
- Critical thinking skills, a high level of initiative, and a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments, produce quality accurate work, and meet set time lines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work collaboratively and support a team environment;
- A strong orientation to delivering a superior standard of service;
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Worldox, Quicklaw, Adobe, PC Law and Word.
- Perform legal assistant/paralegal activities in various areas of law for all courts;
- Prepare correspondence and a variety of legal documents ensuring compliance with Rules of Court;
- Conduct research of records, court files and other legal documents, assembling documentary evidence and arranging for trials;
- Maintain a well-organized work environment and implements efficient processes that minimizes lawyers’ administrative load and ensures ease of reference to firm’s documents;
- Coordinates and performs tasks for the lawyers including conducting conflict checks, making appointments, responding to clients, booking meetings and boardrooms, booking travel, organizing conference calls, registration for seminars and courses.
- A minimum of 2 years (preferred 5) of legal assistant experience in commercial litigation with a legal assistant diploma from an accredited program; or
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program an asset
We offer a competitive compensation package, and a supportive and collaborative work environment. We work hard, and we laugh a lot. Work/life balance are not empty words at McEwan Partners. We invite you to join us as we build a law firm we can all be proud to call our own.
Please send in your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org