Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
|Posted:||September 21, 2018||Company:||Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP|
|Address:||#2500 - 700 West Georgia Street, Vancouver||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B3|
At Farris, we aim to provide services of the highest calibre in every area of the law. Our team shares a strong sense of loyalty and a collective responsibility – to our clients and to each other – to perform at nothing less than the highest standards.
Farris is a high performance law firm, with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia. We balance a strong regional and national presence with an expanding international practice that includes U.S., European, and Asia-Pacific based clients.
A unique career opportunity exists for an energetic legal support professional seeking growth and challenge within a busy yet highly supportive environment.
The Commercial Real Estate Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the real estate group in all aspects of its busy practice including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing commercial contracts of purchase and sale, easements, rights of way, subdivisions and strata plan filings, conducting title/due diligence searches, and all matters related to commercial real estate closings including financing.
- Administer files from start to finish.
- Prepare documents with respect to acquisitions and sales of various types of commercial properties, financing and land development matters including preparing all acquisition loan, construction financing and deposit insurance security documents.
- Prepare and diarize summaries of key transaction dates and conduct title and off-title due diligence searches.
- Draft statutory right of ways, covenants, and easements.
- Review and process purchase and sales agreements, deposits and payouts.
- Prepare all internal documents relating to trust transactions.
- Prepare discharge of mortgages and reporting discharge particulars to purchaser’s legal representative.
- Prepare and finalize reporting letters and diarize key post-closings dates and tasks.
- Communicate with vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, clients, lawyers, brokers and others.
- Participate in client interviews, engage in direct phone and e-mail communications with clients and others and attend to execution of documents by clients.
- Other administrative support as required in coordination with existing administrative assistants.
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ related paralegal experience covering all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Strong document production skills and a solid proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe and in preparing Land Title electronic forms.
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and capability with e-filing including coordination of electronic meets.
- Working knowledge of various applicable databases i.e. BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner in a busy, fast paced practice.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
- A team player who can work independently and take initiative.
- Familiarity with basic corporate and partnership legal matters and basic familiarity with working with various municipalities throughout British Columbia would be an asset.
- A certificate/diploma from an accredited paralegal program would be an asset.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to:
Elizabeth A. Jackson, MBA, CPHR
Director, Human Resources
Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP
25th Floor, 700 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1B3
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those short-listed will be contacted