|Posted:||June 3, 2019||Company:||McQuarrie Hunter LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1500, 13450 - 102nd Avenue||Postal Code:||V3T5X3|
McQuarrie Hunter LLP is a multi-practice law firm that is optimally sized to meet the needs of a diverse range of business, individual and institutional clients. We believe trust is the foundation of every good client-lawyer relationship and we value the trust and confidence that our clients place in our firm. We work hard to earn that trust by understanding the diverse needs of our clients and responding to those needs with careful preparation, attention to detail and the ability to deliver proactive and practical solutions.
We are conveniently located in the Central City Tower conveniently accessible by skytrain in downtown Surrey, one of the fastest growing business communities.
We currently have a Conveyancer opportunity available working in our busy conveyance department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and file Form C Releases
- File openings and closings; able to complete a file from start to finish as per firm processes for retail conveyancing, including sales, purchases and mortgages
- Assist with miscellaneous requests such as cheque deposits, holdbacks and other accounting related items
- Conduct conflict searches on each new client
- Prepare legal documents in e-convey program as required
- Perform land title searches and other research as required
- File documents online as required
- Complete family transfers, joint tenancy transfers, etc.
- Communicate respectfully and cooperatively with clients, other legal counsel, financial institutions and/or realtors as required
- Assist with overflow work on conveyance files
- Book appointments as required
- Provide backup support managing file in-take
- Perform all other general conveyancing duties
- Responsible for covering absences in the conveyance department
The successful candidate will have:
- The LAA certification (is an absolute MUST)
- 1-3 years previous experience working as a Conveyancer in a law firm or notary office
- Previous experience using e-convey considered an asset
- The ability to work in a team oriented environment
- The ability to work in a fast paced working environment with the ability to multi-task
- A strong attention to detail; able to produce an accurate work product
- The ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks
Compensation: commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to: Renu Bains, Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.