Corporate Commercial Junior LAA
|Posted:||February 11, 2019||Company:||Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP|
|Address:||700 W Georgia St.||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B3|
At Farris, we aim to provide services of the highest calibre in every area of the law. Our team shares a strong sense of loyalty and a collective responsibility – to our clients and to each other – to perform at nothing less than the highest standards.
Farris is a high performance law firm, with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia. We balance a strong regional and national presence with an expanding international practice that includes U.S., European, and Asia-Pacific based clients.
A unique career opportunity exists for an energetic Junior LAA seeking growth and challenge within a busy yet highly supportive environment.
Working alongside a senior assistant, the Junior LAA is responsible for managing client and file information, including establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow; client contact; drafting and filing documents; billing and other administrative tasks.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing
- File preparation and management (file opening and closing, daily filing etc.)
- Maintain BF system
- Time entry, billings and client collections
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required
- Strong document production skills and a working knowledge of MS Office including document management and comparison systems
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to function well under pressure
- Meticulously detail oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Resilient, a strong sense of “team”, and an unwavering sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the desire to learn and be mentored
- Keyboarding of at least 60 wpm
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Preference will be given to candidates who have recently completed a Legal Administrative Assistant program
Candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Elizabeth A. Jackson, MBA, CPHR
Director, Human Resources
Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP
25th Floor – 700 W. Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1B3
We thank all candidates for their interest in Farris, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.