Corporate Commercial Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||September 11, 2019||Company:||Singleton Reynolds|
|Address:||1200 - 925 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6C 3L2|
|Phone:||(604) 682-7474||Fax:||(604) 682-1283|
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is a Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Our focus is on helping clients from construction and infrastructure, commercial litigation, insurance, real estate and business seize emerging opportunities and find solutions to complex legal problems.
Operating on a national platform, Singleton Reynolds is positioned as a best-in-class law firm offering legal services and a long-standing reputation in dispute resolution.
Singleton Reynolds is currently looking for an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Corporate Commercial Department. The position requires at least 5+ years’ experience. The successful candidate will work closely with a professional team of Lawyers and Paralegals and will be responsible for a wide array of legal administrative tasks.
Manage all aspects of files including but not limited to:
- Provides clear, concise and complete oral and written information;
- Drafts correspondence and legal documents;
- Maintains all administrative functions, including file opening/closing procedures, maintains the calendar, books appointments, manages bring forwards and reviews and prepares invoices;
- Performs complex editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, reports, forms, spreadsheets and databases;
- Manages work volume and juggling priorities while supporting a demanding practice;
- Manages a high volume of paper/email correspondence;
- Ensures deadlines are met;
- Manages and maintains contact and referral lists;
- Sorts incoming mail and preparation of outgoing mail; and
- Performs other duties as required.
|KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE|
- 5+ years of experience working as a Legal Administrative Assistant;
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate from an accredited program;
- Previous Corporate Commercial experience;
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems;
- Advanced knowledge of database management;
- Computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Filesite, ALF Software and Time tracker software; and
- Familiarity with BC Online.
|SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES|
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- The ability to work both collaboratively and support colleagues and work independently;
- A strong work ethic and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Sound business judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- High degree of accuracy in work product;
- A strong orientation towards delivering a superior standard of service; and
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer a matching RRSP Program, a fitness subsidy, an annual education/tuition allowance, and ongoing continuing educational “Lunch & Learn” seminars.
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to:
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Attention: Stephen Hinds
Singleton Reynolds is committed to the principle of equality in employment standards and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.