Corporate Commercial Paralegal
|Posted:||September 11, 2019||Company:||Singleton Reynolds|
|Address:||1200 - 925 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6C 3L2|
|Phone:||(604) 682-7474||Fax:||(604) 682-1283|
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is recognized as a leader in construction and infrastructure, insurance, commercial litigation, real estate and business law. Founded in 1982, with its roots in construction litigation, the firm has grown to add a full complement of business law services including corporate commercial, commercial real estate, construction contracts, and estates planning.
Operating on a national platform, Singleton Reynolds is positioned as a best-in-class law firm offering legal services and a long-standing reputation in dispute resolution.
- Assists with incorporations and management/maintenance of corporate clients and any changes
- Prepares documentation related to incorporation, amalgamation, extra-provincial registration, re-organizations, acquisitions, continuation, estate freezes, formation of partnerships, dissolution, etc.
- Assists the corporate department with maintenance of corporate records minute books, and corporate database
- Ensures documents comply with the applicable legislation (e.g. BCBCA, CBCA) and resolves any deficiencies
- Ensures all key details from minute books are entered into the corporate database, in accordance with corporate department procedures
- Performs due diligence of minute books by identifying deficiencies and material matters; prepares reports recommending manner of rectifying deficiencies and prepares necessary documents required to comply with governing statutes and rectifying any deficiencies
- Prepares documents with and without firm precedents according to instructions and information provided by the Supervising Lawyer and information gathered through own research (examples include resolutions, minutes, and correspondence)
- Reviews documents prepared by the Supervising Lawyer for general compliance with the related legislation
- Researches, prepares, and revises precedents and technical procedures checklists to ensure compliance with current legislation and firm practice standards
- Organizes small transactions and attends closings with the Supervising Lawyer to oversee the execution of documents
- Maintains confidentiality of the Firm, client, and employee information
|KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE|
- Paralegal Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Corporate Services Paralegal or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
|SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES|
- Working knowledge of laws/legislation relevant to the practice area, including British Columbia Business Corporations Act (BCBCA), Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA), Income Tax Act (Canada); and other relevant business organization statutes, legal terminology, forms and documents related to the corporate practice area
- Understanding of legal procedures and practices involved in drafting, processing and filing a variety of legal documents
- Solid understanding of applicable legal references and their content
- Advanced vocabulary, spelling, and grammar; excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly using discretion, tact, and courtesy
- Proficiency with computer programs including advanced MS Word, Excel, Corporate Records software and other relevant programs
- Knowledge and proficiency in ALF
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, and manage multiple tasks ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and exercise judgement
- Willingness to learn and accept challenges with dedication to providing quality services
- Flexibility to work extra hours when required
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer a fitness subsidy, an annual education/tuition allowance, and ongoing continuing educational “Lunch & Learn” seminars.
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to:
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Attention: Stephen Hinds
925 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200
Singleton Reynolds is committed to the principle of equality in employment standards and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.