Court Clerk Applicant Inventory
|Posted:||September 11, 2019||Company:||Court Services Branch - BC Public Service|
This posting is to establish a pre-qualified pool of applicants (Applicant Inventory) for Court Clerks who will be eligible to apply on permanent full-time, permanent part-time, and auxiliary positions in Court Services Branch offices across Vancouver Island and Powell River.
Applicant inventories are used to streamline the recruitment experience. They are designed so applicants can be considered for multiple Court Clerk opportunities within Region 1 of Court Administration (Victoria, Western Communities, Duncan, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Courtenay, Powell River, Campbell River, and Port Hardy). Successful applicants will be placed into an applicant inventory and will be able to submit their application to opportunities as they become available.
Court Services Branch is responsible for the delivery of all court administration services in BC. As a Court Clerk, you bring excellent client service and administrative skills to support all levels of courts in the province. Confident and comfortable in a court environment, you are responsible for a wide range of in-court duties such as calling the cases, reading charges, taking pleas, taking re-elections, clerking jury selection, and administering oaths or affirmations. Performing pre-court, in court, and post court duties, you interpret documentation in court files to ensure accurate information in processing documents and concluding files.
Why work for us?
The role of a Court Clerk provides more than simply an exciting career opportunity – you will gain extensive experience interacting with the judiciary, members of the legal profession, and justice system partners. Other features of this opportunity include flexible work schedules, a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities, and more.
Job Requirements for this role include:
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (e.g. Adult graduation, GED, completed post-secondary education).
• Two years office experience (e.g. providing clerical, secretarial, receptionist, administrative support or client service delivery in an office an environment)), OR
• One year of office experience (as defined above) and education/training in a related field (e.g. Legal Office Assistance, Business Administration, Law).
• Valid BC driver’s license (minimum class 7), or equivalent
• Preference may be given to candidates with recent Legal Office Assistance training or certification.
To learn more and to apply online by September 29, 2019, please visit: