Desktop Technician and Technology Trainer
|Posted:||October 13, 2021||Company:||Bennett Jones LLP|
|Address:||Suite 2500, 666 Burrard Street||Postal Code:||V6C 2X8|
Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver and New York. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as a Platinum Level Best Employer in the 2020 “Best Employers in Canada” survey conducted by Kincentric. The firm has also been recognized for 2020 as one of “Alberta’s Top 75 Employers” and as a Top Employer for Young People in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 18 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Vancouver office:
Desktop Technician and Technology Trainer
- Provide hardware / software support to users on issues escalated by Help Desk
- Assist with user account creation and maintenance of group memberships for the Vancouver office
- Work with vendor support to resolve technical issues at a high level
- Update ticketing software for the purpose of tracking outstanding work and reporting
- Update Bennett Jones Desktop Support group on status of any outstanding issues
- Install and maintain printers within the environment
- Assist with any software/hardware rollouts to the firm
- Assist with moves within the office as they relate to desktop or telephone relocations
- Work with Help Desk and Applications staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with all systems including file servers, messaging servers, application servers, and administrative systems
- Inventory of all desktops and printers
- Act as a backup to System Technician
- Other duties as assigned
- Design and implement innovative technical skills development training programs that increase the productivity and efficiency of all Firm personnel
- Organize, prepare, schedule and conduct new hire and continuous learning workshops for staff and lawyers on the Firm’s technologies and computer applications
- Deliver training sessions via various formats from one‑on-one coaching, 15-minute micro‑sessions and up to 3 day new hire training
- Conduct training via classroom sessions, WebEx, videoconference and desk-side coaching
- Manage the training classroom environment, including motivating participants, maintaining focus and adapting training style to meet the needs of participants
- Create and maintain effective and engaging courseware including Instructor Notes, Quick Reference Sheets, visual aids, e-learning modules and invitations
- Analyze feedback from participants and make recommendations to enhance the current curriculum.
- Actively participate in testing new or upgraded software and technologies.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Firm’s business applications, processes and workflows.
- A minimum of 3 years training and 3 years of Technical Support experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in information technology or related work experience
- Must have advanced experience with Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with PDF tools, document management systems, time and billing software is an asset
- Experience with Learning Management systems is an asset
- Exceptional presentation, communication and inter-personal skills with a focus on providing excellence in client service within and outside of the department.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Knowledge of Network, Desktop Technologies and Computer Imaging with advanced desktop troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with common software features, configuration and installation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative
- Previous experience in a legal or other professional services environment would be considered an asset
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our Firm members. Effective October 1, 2021 Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client’s workplace or travelling on Firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact the above.