Executive Assistant (To Managing Principal)
|Posted:||November 25, 2021||Company:||JFK Law|
|Address:||816-1175 Douglas Street||Postal Code:||V8W 2E1|
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of Indigenous people and others who seek assistance in the areas of aboriginal, public, constitutional, and environmental law.
We are looking for a full time Executive Assistant to join our energetic and passionate team in our beautiful Victoria office. The primary responsibility of this role will be to provide executive administration and support to the Managing Principal at JFK Law.
This role is an integral part of the administrative team providing exceptional support in calendar management and administration to the Managing Principal to ensure a smooth delivery of legal services to our valued clients. The Executive Assistant will also work closely with members of the paralegal and legal assistants in day-to-day activities.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with key qualities in organization, teamwork, attention to detail, professional communication, and the ability to manage priorities. This role is best suited to an individual that thrives in a diverse and dynamic environment. If you feel you are the right fit for the role, we would love to hear from you.
This is a Full Time Position approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position can be a hybrid work from office/remote work arrangement with a minimum of 3 days per week in office at our beautiful downtown Victoria location.
- Provide exceptional calendar management and scheduling using Outlook and other work planning tools.
- Organize, maintain, and manage updates to the Principals’ Bring Forward systems and To Do lists.
- Organize, maintain, and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening and closing of files in iManage and PCLaw.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail/email and coordinate couriers for the Principals as needed.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and manage the monthly reconciliation of the Principals’ expenses.
- Assist with monthly client billings in collaboration with the Billing Clerk.
- Edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other materials as required.
- Assist the paralegal and LA teams with compiling documents for hearings and filings.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Order supplies and manage servicing of office equipment as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned to support the administrative team.
- Reports to the Manager of Legal Support Services & Firm Operations.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Administrative Assistant, Business Administration program.
- Minimum of 3 years previous Executive Assistant experience required, ideally in a busy law office.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by December 6th, 2021, to Jen Spencer at HR@jfklaw.ca.
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you in advance for your interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.