|Posted:||October 11, 2018||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C 1S4|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||Caitlin Dutchak / Sonja Simic|
Whitelaw Twining is a BC-based leading law firm with a focus on litigation, providing a full-range of legal expertise. For more than 35 years we have been providing innovative legal solutions for our clients, reaching beyond the standard litigation protocols for innovative solutions that make a difference. We are dedicated to all types of litigation and advocacy, with a strong emphasis on dispute resolution.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small fim work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join Us at WT!
We are currently seeking a Junior Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is the ideal position for a recent graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program looking to jumpstart their professional career. If you are an enthusiastic Legal Administrative Assistant looking to develop your skillset in a fun, busy and professional environment, this is the role for you. The successful candidate for this position will be team-oriented and able to build positive working relationships, have a keen eye for details and will be able to handle a busy workload.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail (correspondence, copying for file, labels, etc.)
- Prepare and draft documents and correspondence
- Drafting basic pleadings
- Cover letters enclosing accounts
- Filing, copying and scanning
- Assembling binders
- Conducting various searches (court, land title, corporate etc.)
- Assisting with scheduling
- Sending out cheques for payment
- Typing dictation overflow
- Opening and closing files
- Interacting with clients by phone and e-mail
- Other related duties as required
- Graduate of Legal Administrative Assistant program preferred
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Professional manner in communicating with clients, lawyers and staff
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=19