Full-time legal assistant – labour & employment
|Posted:||July 9, 2020||Company:||Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP|
|Address:||410 - 505 Burrard Street||Postal Code:||V7X 1M3|
OUR FIRM: At Pulver Crawford Munroe, our lawyers practice exclusively in labour and employment law. We know the players, we know the rules, and we have decades of practical experience. Although we are a boutique firm, we have recently expanded our legal team and require additional administrative support in our Vancouver office.
OUR CANDIDATE: Our ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience and be used to working in a fast paced environment. This role will support a senior lawyer, interact with new clients and provide support for our existing and amazing legal assistants and paralegals throughout the firm.
YOUR SKILLS: We are looking for someone who can manage stressful situations with a professional attitude and has the skills to ensure that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. You will be working with a fully supportive and passionate team where everyone is responsible for:
- Preparing correspondence
- Arranging for service and filing of court documents
- Liaising with clients including conflict checks for potential clients
- File management and document administration
- Proofreading and editing documents
- Organizing and prioritizing material and workflow for review by responsible lawyer or paralegal
- Billing, calendar management and travel arrangements
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES: The successful candidate must possess:
- a genuine interest in labour and employment law with a desire to keep learning new skills
- strong and cooperative interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines – thrive within a demanding pace
- the ability to produce documents with spread and accuracy, working independently with minimal supervision
- a professional & positive demeanor
- sound judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- personal initiative to complete assigned work and seek out additional work to support the success of others within the firm;
- a legal administration assistant certificate/diploma is preferred
- strong computer skills in Word/Excel/Outlook, PC Law and Worldocs experience is an asset as is an interest in using new technology/software
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send cover letter, resume, and hourly wage expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Legal Assistant -Litigation” – thank you.