|Posted:||December 3, 2019||Company:||The Law Society of BC|
|Address:||845 Cambie||Postal Code:||V6B 4Z9|
Come join our team! If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, with an organization that embraces the core values of integrity and excellence, look no further.
The Law Society of BC offers work/life balance, a collegial atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package, including: extended health benefits, a dental plan, a generous health care spending account, and more.
Our Intake & Early Resolution department is seeking a full-time Intake Representative. The Intake Representative is part of a team responsible for the intake and handling of all telephone and written enquiries regarding complaints. The Intake Representative is also responsible for assisting the Intake and Early Resolution department with general administrative tasks.
The duties of this position include:
- Handling of public telephone and written enquiries including communicating the role of the Law Society, the complaints process and alternative sources of assistance and information. Where appropriate, advising on whether there are professional conduct or competency issues for the Law Society to review;
- Resolving routine complaints by telephone as appropriate, liaising with other departments as required, and advising complainants and members on the complaints process;
- Ensuring telephone and written enquiries are saved to our record management systems, LEO and LSIS;
- Acknowledging receipt of new complaints and opening same;
- Assisting the paralegal responsible for the Complainants Review Committee (CRC) with administrative tasks required to support the work of the CRC, including preparation of agendas, photocopying and filing;
- Assisting in coordinating and administrating the Law Society’s Fee Mediation Program under the direction of an Intake Officer; and
- Such other duties as the Manager, IER may require.
- Graduate of a legal assistant or administrative assistant program or equivalent skills acquired through work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a legal office setting performing administrative functions.
- Experience dealing with the public and/or demanding individuals.
- A team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, judgment and analytical skills.
- Above average spelling, grammar, punctuation and computer skills.
- Conflict resolution and/or crisis intervention/de-escalation training considered an asset.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Intake Representative.” The closing date for this competition is December 16, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia