Intellectual Property – Docketing Assistant
|Posted:||July 26, 2018||Company:||Oyen Wiggs|
|Address:||Suite 480 - 601 West Cordova Street||Postal Code:||V6B 1G1|
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
We have an immediate opening for a Docketing Assistant in our Records Management Department. Oyen Wiggs is an intellectual property law firm located in downtown Vancouver. We are a dynamic, team-oriented firm that maintains a professional and well balanced working environment.
The primary job responsibilities are:
- Read and interpret daily mail, including postal mail, couriers, faxes and email received from a variety of sources
- Update and maintain patent and trademark databases
- Update document management system (Worldox)
- Create records and files for new applications
- Prepare client data report and distribute to the legal teams
- other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will bring with them a strong attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work, the ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure. We are also looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and who can work independently and in a team environment to provide excellent client service. The ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and a positive, can-do attitude are key to being successful in this role.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong keyboarding skills with demonstrated accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Completion of a legal administrative assistant certification would be an asset.
- Experience in a professional services environment would be an asset.