Legal Administrative Assistant – Litigation Defence
|Posted:||July 30, 2020||Company:||Lindsay LLP|
LINDSAY LLP opened its doors on January 1, 2013 but originated as an insurance defence firm over thirty years ago. The firm is an acknowledged leader in the field of insurance law and related civil litigation.
We are currently seeking a full time Legal Administrative Assistant with experience in insurance defence to join our team. We offer a friendly workplace environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes extended health and dental, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a Health Spending Account. At Lindsay LLP, we recognize the importance of maintaining a positive work life balance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program
- 2 – 3 years experience in insurance defence practice
- Solid understanding of civil litigation procedures
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, and E-filing of court documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including composing, editing and proofreading
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle a busy practice and multitask
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a legal team
- Knowledge of Worldox Document Management System is an asset
- Schedule mediations, independent medical examinations, appointments and maintain electronic calendars
- Organize files, document binders, and other file related materials on an ongoing basis
- Draft correspondence and attend to court filings
- Work with a Scheduling Assistant to schedule examination for discoveries and trials
- Maintain BF and limitation systems in accordance with the firm’s policy and practice
Please forward your cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.