Legal Administrative Assistant – Commercial Litigation Float
|Posted:||January 13, 2021||Company:||Hunter Litigation Chambers|
|Address:||2100 - 1040 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6E 4H1|
Founded in 2006, Hunter Litigation Chambers (HLC) has become one of the premier firms in BC. HLC is a 25-lawyer litigation boutique in downtown Vancouver. The practice of the firm is restricted to dispute resolution, focusing on commercial litigation, arbitration and administrative law.
We offer a collegial and respectful working environment that inspires team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. At HLC we encourage staff to make a positive contribution to the work environment.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant (Float) with two or more years of litigation experience to deliver high-quality support to ensure excellent service to the team and to our clients. We are looking for a team player who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and able to handle a busy workload. For candidates who are early in their career, this is a great place to learn and grow. The successful candidate will provide vacation/sick coverage and overflow support for the entire office. Some reception coverage will be required from time to time.
- Manage client files including diarizing hearing and trial dates, establishing organizational and BF systems (electronic and paper);
- Draft standard letters and pleadings;
- Document preparation, compile documents and coordinate print jobs with third-party printer;
- Organize and assemble chambers/petition records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books;
- Schedule discoveries, trial dates and arbitrations;
- Communicate with court registries and court reporters;
- File documents with the registries at various levels of court;
- Prepare monthly bills and general accounting requests;
- Other general and administrative tasks as required.
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing professional service to internal and external clients;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to manage high volumes of work;
- Strong administration and organization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent English (oral and written) communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative and be pro-active;
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court and Court of Appeal rules, procedures and forms;
- Flexibility to perform occasional overtime on short notice is required.
- Knowledge of PC Law, FileSite, IPro, and CaseMap is an asset.
Please forward cover letters and resumes to Leslie Green, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Hunter Litigation Chambers, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.